Valentine’s Day is a special day to celebrate love and affection with your partner, and what better way to show your love than with a delicious three-course meal? But if you’ve left it to the last minute, you might be wondering what you can whip up in a hurry. Fear not, because this easy and simple three-course meal will make your loved one feel special without requiring hours in the kitchen.
The first course is a Caprese Salad Skewer, a classic Italian dish that is both easy to make and delicious. The skewers are made with fresh cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves, all drizzled with balsamic glaze. The bright colors and fresh flavors make this dish a perfect starter to get your taste buds going.
For the main course, we have Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine. This dish is not only tasty, but it also looks fancy and sophisticated, making it an ideal choice for Valentine’s Day. The pasta is cooked to al dente perfection and tossed in a lemon garlic butter sauce that is both tangy and buttery. The large shrimp are cooked in the same sauce, giving them a delectable flavor that complements the pasta. And if you want to add a little more flair to the dish, top it off with some grated Parmesan cheese for an extra burst of flavor.
No Valentine’s Day meal would be complete without dessert, and what better way to finish off a meal than with some Chocolate-Covered Strawberries? This classic dessert is a simple but elegant choice that requires only a few ingredients: fresh strawberries, semisweet chocolate chips, and vegetable shortening. Melt the chocolate and shortening together, dip the strawberries in the mixture, and let them cool until the chocolate hardens. You can even drizzle any leftover chocolate over the top of the strawberries for a decorative touch. It’s the perfect sweet treat to end your Valentine’s Day meal.
What makes this three-course meal so easy is that it requires minimal preparation and cooking time. The Caprese Salad Skewers can be assembled in just a few minutes, and the Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. The Chocolate-Covered Strawberries can be made ahead of time, so all you need to do is dip them in the chocolate and let them cool. This means that even if you’re short on time, you can still create a romantic and memorable meal for your partner on Valentine’s Day.
In addition to being easy to prepare, this three-course meal is also budget-friendly. All the ingredients are readily available at your local grocery store and won’t break the bank. And because you’re making the meal yourself, you can be sure that it’s made with fresh and healthy ingredients, making it a healthier option than dining out at a restaurant.
In conclusion, Valentine’s Day is a special occasion to show your loved one how much you care, and a delicious meal is a great way to do that. This easy and simple three-course meal of Caprese Salad Skewers, Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine, and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries is the perfect way to impress your partner without spending hours in the kitchen. It’s quick, budget-friendly, and most importantly, delicious!
Starter: Caprese Salad Skewers Ingredients:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the fresh mozzarella cheese into bite-sized pieces.
- Skewer one cherry tomato half, one piece of mozzarella, and one small basil leaf onto each toothpick.
- Arrange the skewers on a plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Main course: Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Linguine Ingredients:
- 8 ounces linguine pasta
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the linguine according to package instructions until al dente.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Drain the cooked linguine and add it to the skillet, tossing to coat with the lemon garlic butter sauce.
- Serve the linguine with the cooked shrimp on top and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Dessert: Chocolate-covered Strawberries Ingredients:
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable shortening
- Wash and dry the strawberries, leaving the stems intact.
- In a double boiler or a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and shortening together, stirring until smooth.
- Hold a strawberry by the stem and dip it into the melted chocolate, coating it about 3/4 of the way up.
- Place the strawberry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Allow the chocolate to harden at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, you can drizzle any remaining chocolate over the strawberries for a decorative touch.
Enjoy your romantic and delicious three-course meal!